Becoming a Canadian Citizen is one of the greatest accomplishments in your life. Citizenship offers endless rewards including the right to vote and run for political office, removal of the residency obligations associated with PR status, travel with the freedom of the Canadian passport, and countless others.
To become a Canadian Citizen you must:
- Be over 18 years old
- Be a permanent resident of Canada in good standing
- Be physically present in Canada for at least 1460 (four years) during the six years before the application AND be physically present in Canada for at least 183 days in each of four calendar years within the qualifying peroid.
- Applicants between the ages of 14 and 64 must provide proof that you know how to speak and write in one of Canada's official languages (either English or French)
- Applicants between the ages of 14 and 64 must demonstrate your knowledge of Canada by passing the Citizenship Test
- Adult applicants must declare their intent to reside in Canada once they become citizens and meet their personal income tax obligations in order to be eligible for citizenship
If you meet the requirements listed above and are ready to apply for Canadian Citizenship contact us today to get started.
Canadian Citizenship for Dependent Children
You may also be eligible to acquire Canadian Citizenship for you dependent children born abroad.